Rookery Centenary Project
We are recruiting a Garden Designer to work alongside a group of volunteers to create new planting designs for the White Garden and areas of the formal gardens.
The new plans should reflect the garden’s history whilst also taking in to consideration limited maintenance budgets and environmental concerns. Volunteers will be conducting research about the history of the Rookery and the White Garden and will be an integral part of the design process.
Key responsibilities will be:
- survey current planting in White Garden and Old English Garden, including review of Stephen Crisp’s plans
- create new planting designs for White Garden and areas of the Old English Garden which combine the best of the past with sustainable, low-maintenance planting
- liaise with volunteers about planting plans and incorporate their ideas and suggestions
- compile plant order list and liaise with Lambeth Parks about order
- facilitate community planting days alongside Rookery Coordinator and Lambeth Parks team
We are looking for someone with an excellent track record in garden design who will enjoy working alongside volunteers in a collaborative manner. Previous experience on community garden projects would be advantageous.
Deadline for expressions of interest: Sunday 2 March 2014
If you have any questions, please contact Charlotte at email@example.com