Kisstory are back in July with a 2 day event on Streatham Common on the 27th & 28th July 2019
A community consultation is planned for Tuesday 12/03/19 from 19:00-20:00 at Streatham United Reformed Church, 388 Streatham High Road, London, SW16 6HX.
Your views, whether for or against large events on the common are all welcome.
Please email email@example.com to RSVP or feedback if you are not able to attend.
The organisers of Kisstory, We Are The Fair Ltd attended a committee meeting with Friends of Streatham Common to speak on future plans in February. FoSC had an opportunity to directly feedback on issues surrounding previous issues. It was a useful meeting, we very much appreciate them reaching out and whilst we do not have a problem with the organisation themselves who have listened to our concerns, it is problems with the councils overall responsibility to the common which have been identified. FoSC objections include:
- Damage to the Common is never adequately repaired.
- Noise levels are unacceptable with houses only 100m from the stage yet noise levels are monitored over 400m away.
- No transparency on the deal between the council and the events company – the initial agreement was to put 1/3 of the profit back into the Common but this agreement has now disappeared.
- Parking & traffic is severely disrupted from the start of set up to final take down.
- Rubbish in the surrounding streets is never cleared.
- Drugs are openly sold in the surrounding streets.
- Urination (or worse) in the surrounding streets.
- The event is not run for the benefit of local people or for the Common but instead run entirely for the profit of the council and at the expense of the Common.