The common has given much relief to our local community during these difficult times of the lockdown. But we must remain vigilant.
Public spaces / outdoor activities / exercise: What can I do that I couldn’t do before? The current government guidelines as of 13th May 2020 are:
- Spend time outdoors – for example sitting and enjoying the fresh air, picnicking, or sunbathing.
- Meet one other person from a different household outdoors – following social distancing guidelines.
- Exercise outdoors as often as you wish – following social distancing guidelines
- Use outdoor sports courts or facilities, such as a tennis or basketball court, or golf course – with members of your household, or one other person while staying 2 metres apart
- Go to a garden centre
At all times, you should continue to observe social distancing guidelines when you are outside your home, including ensuring you are 2 metres away from anyone outside your household. As with before, you CANNOT:
- Exercise in an indoor sports court, gym or leisure centre, or go swimming in a public pool
- Use an outdoor gym or playground
- Gather in a group of more than two (excluding members of your own household), except for a few specific exceptions set out in law (for work, funerals, house moves, supporting the vulnerable, in emergencies and to fulfil legal obligations)
If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household are self-isolating, you should stay at home – this is critical to staying safe and saving lives.
All Lambeth parks remain open for now – all playgrounds and parks sports facilities including changing rooms are closed. Toilets in parks remain closed. We know it is very tempting to use the playgrounds but it is imperative that you do not use them just yet, for your health and the health of your children. Lambeth Council have asked that if you see people regularly using the playground on Streatham Common to contact COVID19POS@lambeth.gov.uk
When you return to your home from being outside – WASH YOUR HANDS.